Dermamelan Intimate Pack
Depigmenting method for the intimate area. Developed specifically for the genitourinary-perianal area, mons pubis, inner thighs and groins. Unique for its dual, intensive corrective and regulating action in pigmentation imperfections. Visible results after just one clinical session. Developed in collaboration with expert gynecologists.
PROTOCOL AT THE CLINIC
Phase 1: intensive professional depigmentation
Clean previously the area with a gauze and lukewarm water.
- Step 1: Apply mesolips protector to protect the mucous membrane, labia minora and its outer area to avoid migration of the solution.
- Step 2: Apply dermamelan intimate peeling (4 mL) over the area to be treated and spread evenly using a swab or a fan brush. It is recommended to apply several layers until the product is finished to maximise the results.
Recommended exposure time: 7 min
Recommended order of application: inner thighs, mons pubis, groins, labia majora, and perianal area. Remove the product in the reverse order of application.
- Step 3: Apply post-peeling neutralizing spray. In case of residues, remove with a wet gauze and dry gently.
- Step 4: Apply a large layer of 3-4 mm of dermamelan intimate mask (7 mL) over the area to be treated, using a spatula. If necessary, apply again mesolips protector. The product should be in contact with the skin for 2 hours.
- Step 5: Place dermamelan intimate occlusive film over the area treated to facilitate the action of the active ingredients. Its application generates an occlusive effect and avoids product migration out of the treated areas. The use of the disposable panties
included in the pack prevents the product from staining and/or migrating.
HOME APPLICATION REGIMEN
Phase 2: Continuous depigmentation
- Step 1: Remove dermamelan intimate occlusive film and dermamelan intimate mask after two hours following application at the clinic. Remove the mask with plenty of lukewarm water and using an intimate cleansing gel with an adequate pH.
- Step 2: Apply crystal fiber intimate mask over the area treated. It is recommended to apply it stretched out over a surface previously protected with a towel.
Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 3: Apply at night, 48 hours after the end of the protocol at the clinic, one or two pulses of dermamelan intimate home depigmenting gel cream. Cover the area to be treated evenly. It is recommended to protect the intimate area using a panty-liner. Duration of application to be established by the doctor.
The aging process takes place in the genital-perineal and adjacent areas in the same way as in the rest of the body. Because of this, loss of elasticity and firmness as well as a change in the colour of the area can be seen.
Intimate hyperpigmentation is a disorder caused by an excess formation of melanin that involves skin darkening around the anal and external genital area.
In addition, the fact that melanocyte activity is greater in this area than in the rest of the body is also responsible for the high prevalence of the colour change affecting it.
It is a disorder of multifactorial origin, and the main triggering factors include:
- Age: aging of the vaginal tissue is caused by changes in the biological, biochemical and molecular mechanisms that can result in pigmentation disorders.
- Genetic predisposition: the prevalence is higher in persons with high phototypes (IV, V and VI).
- Hormonal changes: the increase of oestrogens stimulates the activity of the enzyme tyrosinase responsible for the increased melanin production.
- Care and beauty habits: techniques such as depilation can cause abrasion and folliculitis, leading to skin inflammation that results in an increased production of the melanocytes and therefore of melanin.
- Clothing habits: when the skin experiences friction, it naturally thickens (hyperkeratinisation) and darker areas appear. It often affects the inner thighs in case of frequent use of tight pants or underwear.